As we move toward the end of Term 1, Year 9 are approaching the mid-point of their elective subjects. We encourage students to reflect on what they have been learning and what they are enjoying with an eye to the future.
Year 9 had their mid-term assembly several weeks ago and heard about several important upcoming days as well as information about international events such as international women’s day.
The final date for Work Experience submission is fast approaching- 1st May.
Students are required to find and fully secure their work experience placements by this date. Students who have not done so, need to begin approaching employers NOW!
Work Experience is a compulsory program for all Year 10 students at ESC. It is an invaluable program with many benefits including:
- Helping students make informed decisions about their future by trialing an area of work.
- Students will develop valuable employability skills and networks which will help them secure and succeed in all future employment.
- Provide students with an opportunity to relate school studies with a workplace.
- Allow students to identify their strengths and apply them to a workplace.
- Improve students’ maturity, confidence and self-reliance.
- In some cases, students may receive an offer of part time work at the end of their placement.
Students who would like assistance in securing a work placement are welcome to contact Jacqui (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.
Some of our Year 9 & 10 students participated in Volleyball and Tennis interschool sports events in the last month.
A great job by our students participating in our interschool sports teams and representing our school so well.